Wednesday 8 June 2011

The Architect’s Relationships - by SquareFoot

At this side of my bed
there is a sliver of space
where I can lay down
and rest my head

And yet, from that space
I think and I care;
for there emanates
thoughts clean and fair

they travel through rooms
into various buildings
up and down they zoom
building space relationships

my thoughts go full swing
on users’ lives; their spaces
never on drawings dwellings;
as I focus on their faces

I’d imagine them at their work:
oh, those lovers’ fleeting glances
hear them youths’ loud mirth
and other uses of spaces

I’d imagine my users activities
their comforts, their lives
I’d modulate the sceneries
I’d hear each every sigh

my mind’s eye will light
all through those spaces
I’ll forecast tears; slight;
as time walks her paces

the walls then appears
to give space final form
but never to overpower
nor state who I am or not

and on the handing over
filling my joyous cup
my work’s gentle to my users;
my child has now grown up

I’ll then pass on; silent lips,
my bed would lie empty
yet I will leave behind me
all my space relationships

http://www.squarefoot.org/2007/07/19/the-architects-relationships/#comments

No comments:

Post a Comment